How do you make money through YouTube? First, become a YouTube partner. Once you’re a YouTube partner, it’s possible to display ads on your personal videos. Every time someone clicks an ad, you earn a certain percentage. Typically you’ll make between $3 and $10 for every 1,000 views. The issue lies in becoming a YouTube partner. It’s much more difficult than being an Adsense publisher. Below are the six basic steps to take:
1. Open up an AdSense Account
Yes, you could apply as a YouTube affiliate prior to opening an account, but its much simpler to open an Adsense account first.
2. Build an Audience on YouTube
• minimum 1,000 subscribers
• minimum 1,000 views on all your videos
• minimum 10,000 channel views
Remember, these numbers are absolute minimums. If you want to ensure acceptance, go for 5,000 subscribers, 50,000 channel views and 1,000,000 upload views.
3. Release Videos Consistently
The more often you upload videos, the better chance you have in becoming a YouTube affiliate. Be sure you have at least 100 uploaded videos before filling out an application (some claim 50 is enough as well).
4. Develop a Trademark Characteristic of your Videos
Here are some practical tips:
• Create an external website, such as a blog, to host videos and enable your audience to interact in more ways
• Come up with a trademark logo to build brand awareness
• Include a watermark in your videos to ensure no one copies them
• Hire a professional to make you an intro for your YouTube channel
• Work hard to customize your YouTube. You want it to look professional.
5. Only included non-copyrighted material in your account
Copyrighted material includes video clips, logos, graphics, audio and images. Be warned: just using music that isn’t yours could get you rejected for copyright infringement.
6. Fill out the Application
Best of luck!
Post by Kate Pirs. Marketing manager in a team, who developed mSpy - spy software, which helps tracking children smartphone activity and finding stolen or lost phones.